About the Exam
- Dr. Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Competition is Conducted by The Mumbai Science Teachers’ Association.
- Purpose of the exam is to encourage students to take interest in science, to inculcate
scientific attitude & search science talent in students.
- Students studying only in 6th and 9th Std. of English and Marathi Medium of all
boards are eligible to appear for the exam.
6th Std. – Textbooks of IV, V and VI std. of SSC syllabus and Content related to the
above from ICSE and CBSE books.
9th Std. – Textbooks of VII ,VIII and IX std. of SSC syllabus and Content related to
the above from ICSE and CBSE books for 9th std.
- Official Website: http://msta.in/
Structure of the Exam
- Phase II – Top 7.5% students of Phase I is selected for phase II. They get Merit
Certificate. Remaining passed students get Passing certificate.
- Phase III – 30% of the marks obtained in phase I and marks obtained in phase II is considered for Phase III. Top 10 % students is selected for phase III.
- Considering 30% marks of Phase I + Marks of Phase II & Phase III
a. Top 10% candidates will get Gold Medal, certificate and scholarship of Rs. 2000/-.
b. Next 60% candidates will get Silver Medal, certificate and scholarship of Rs. 1500/-
c. Remaining all candidates will get Bronze Medal, certificate and scholarship of Rs.
6th Std. Analysis
Subject Wise Analysis
9th Std. Analysis
2016 Cutoff – Written Test