The International Olympiad of Mathematics (iOM), a test of competence and knowledge in the subject of Mathematics, is held annually at the National and International levels, based on syllabus prescribed by CBSE/ICSE and the State Boards.
Structure of the Olympiad
- Level 1 : All the students of classes 1st to 12 are eligible to take part in Level 1.
- Level 2 : Top 500 Olympiad rank holders of the 1st Level from each class will compete for top positions in a 2nd level examination. All Class 1st rank holders with minimum 75% of Marks with Minimum 75 Students from a particular school are also eligible for Level 2.
- Level 3 : Olympiad 1st Rank Holders of classes 6th to 12th from 2nd level will be eligible for Level 3. Level 3 will be conducted at New Delhi, India.
About Test Paper
- The language medium is English only.
- The examination is being conducted for all classes from 1st to 12th with the following details.
For Classes 1-2 : There will be 40 questions and the duration will be of 60 Minutes.
For Classes 3-12: There will be 50 questions and the duration will be of 60 Minutes.
The details of the manner in which the test is to be conducted will be sent with the question papers.
- The questions will be of objective type in nature with multiple choice answers. There is no negative marking. For classes 3rd onward OMR answer sheets are provided.
Prizes for Students
- Top 2 students of the 3rd level participants will be sent for educational excursion to NASA
- Olympiad 1st rank holder of class 12th will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000/- along with a Winner’s Trophy and Olympiad 1st rank holder of class 11th will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 50,000/- along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 1st Olympiad rank holder from classes 1st to 10th will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 15,000/- each with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 2nd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- each with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 3rd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 5,000/- each with a Winner’s Trophy.
- All State Rank 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank holders of all classes will be awarded with exciting prizes.
- All participants will be awarded with the Student Participation Certificate (SPC).
- 4th to 10th Olympiad rank holders of each class will be awarded with wrist watches.
- 11th to 25th Olympiad rank holders of each class will be awarded with exciting prizes.
- 26th to 500th Olympiad rank holders of each class will be awarded with the topper achievement certificate.
- Class Topper 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank holders of every class of each school will be awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze medals respectively, provided the topper obtains at least 50% marks.
- All participants will be awarded with the Student Participation Certificate (SPC) & Descriptive Assessment Report.
- iOM 2017 will be conducted on 09th November 2017 and 5th December 2017. Please decide the date which is suitable to your school. You may opt for either 09th November 2017 or 5th December 2017 as your International Olympiad of Mathematics date.
- Last date of registration is 30th September 2017.
- The Result of the 1st Level will be available at www.silverzone.org in the month of January 2018.
- The 2nd Level will be conducted in the month of Jan/Feb 2018.
- The Awards, prizes and certificates will be sent to the school within 3 to 4 weeks after the declaration of result at our website.
- All the participants will be awarded with the Student Participation Certificate (SPC) .
- Level 3 will be conducted in the Month of July/August 2018 at New Delhi.
Syllabus & Sample Question Papers
Syllabus & Sample question papers are available in the following link: http://silverzone.org/newweb/iom_syllabus_question_paper.html