Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is an exclusive entrance examination, conducted for admission into all B.Tech. programmes of VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal & Amaravati. VIT has long since been devoted to provide quality education in various Engineering disciplines of Science and Technology
and of late it has proliferated into frontiers of Research as well.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2018 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2018, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi).
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- As per VIT norms, NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply. They should submit Migration-Cum-Transfer certificate at the time of admission.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for Candidates belonging to SC/ST.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2018.
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE-2018, conducted by VIT University.
- Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates will be short-listed based on their entrance examination rank and will be called for the counselling.
Schedule of VITEEE-2018 – Computer Based Test (CBT)
- VIT Engineering Entrance Examination will be conducted from 04.04.2018 to 15.04.2018
- The duration of the entrance examination will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The exam will be conducted as 3 sessions per day.
Exam Timings (IST):
I session – 9.00 am – 11.30 am
II session – 12.30 pm – 3 .00 pm
III session – 4.00 pm – 6 .30 pm
- Examination may be conducted in multiple sessions. However, a candidate is allowed to appear in anyone specified session (PCME/PCBE) only.
- Mode of Entrance Examination is CBT only.
Pattern of the Entrance Examination – CBT
- All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
PART-I – Physics
PART-II – Chemistry
PART-III – Mathematics / Biology
PART-IV – English
- Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English are eligible for all the B.Tech programmes offered.
- Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English are eligible for B.Tech. Biotechnology, B.Tech. Bioengineering, B.Tech.CSE (spl.in Bioinformatics) and ECE with spl. in Biomedical Engineering programmes.
- Each part has 40 questions and English has 5 questions, with each question carrying one mark.
- Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click the same.
- No negative marks for wrong answers.
- The Question paper will be in English only.
Issue of Application Forms – Online
- Candidates can also apply online at www.vit.ac.in through the following mode :
(i) Net banking /Credit card/Debit card Rs.1150/- (Inclusive of GST)
(ii) Demand Draft mode-50 USD for NRI candidates.
The online applicants need not send the hard copy of the application form to the University.
Issue of Application Forms – OMR
- The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B.Tech programme, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of Rs. 1200/- (Inclusive of GST) – from the various post offices as given in the VIT website: www.vit.ac.in.
Syllabus of VITEEE 2018
Issue of Application Forms
|1st November 2017|
Last Date to edit VITEEE Online Application
28th February 2018
Last date for receipt of Application Forms
28th February 2018
|VITEEE Exam Dates||
4th April to 15th April 2018
|Declaration of Results (Tentatively)||
3rd week of April 2018
Registration link: http://vtop2.vit.ac.in:8080/VITEEE/
Official Website: http://www.vit.ac.in/btechadmissions/viteee2018
Information Brochure: http://www.vit.ac.in/files/VITEEEInformationBrochure2018.pdf