BITSAT (BITS Admission Test) is conducted by BITS, Pilani for admissions to all the Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus. It is conducted in online mode.
Integrated First degree programmes to which admissions will be made on the basis of BITSAT-2018
(i) at BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus:
– B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics &
Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
– M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and
– M.Sc.: General Studies.
(ii) at BITS, Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus:
– B.E.: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and
Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
– M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
(iii) at BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus:
– B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical
and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
– M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics
Eligibility to appear for BITSAT 2018
- For admission to all the above programmes except B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2018 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2018 test.
First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2018 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2018 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above
BITSAT-2018 Test Format
Paper Duration: 3 Hrs
The test consists of four parts:
Part I : Physics
Part II : Chemistry
Part III : (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
Part IV : Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates)
Question Pattern: Objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice.
Marking Scheme: +3 for correct response, -1 for incorrect response, 0 for unattempted
Number of Questions: Total number of Questions – 150
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics/ Biology only; four questions from each part.
The questions are so designed that a good student will be able to answer 150 questions in
180 minutes. The extra questions (a maximum of 12) will give a chance to highly meritorious candidates to score higher.
|Deadline to apply online for BITSAT-2018||
13th March 2018 (5.00pm)
|Revision/editing in the application form by candidates||
15th – 19th March 2018
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||
21st March 2018
|Candidates to reserve Test date and slot||
23th March – 5th April 2018
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions||
12th April – 10th May 2018
|BITSAT Online tests||
16th May – 31st May 2018
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||
1st May 2018 – 18th June 2018
|Admit List and Wait List announcement||
20th June 2018
Online Registration link: http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatapply/Home.aspx?sid=BITS636494313206221910PILANI&pid=636494313206221910BITSAT2018&yid=636494313206221910APPLICATIONFORM&yip=126.96.36.199
Information Bulletin: http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/BITSAT2018brochure.pdf
BITSAT 2018 Official Website: http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatapply/OnlineReg.aspx
BITS Official Website: http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/Pilani/index.aspx