MHT-CET is conducted for Admissions to B.E/B.Tech and B.Pharm./ Pharm. D. Courses and B. Sc.(Honours) / B. Tech Courses in Agriculture for Academic Year 2018-19 in Maharashtra State. This year , It will be conducted at various centers in Maharashtra on Thursday, 10th May 2018.
Syllabus, Weightage and Pattern of Examination
- The questions will be based on Syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Approximately 20% weightage will be given to Std. XI curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to Std. XII curriculum while setting the question paper.
- There will be no Negative Marking, however difficulty level will be at par with the JEE (Main) for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and difficulty level for Biology will be at par with NEET. The questions will be mainly application based.
- MHT-CET will consist of 3 question papers of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and
each paper will be of 100 marks. Details are as given below:
- The question will be set on
a) Whole syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics subjects of Std.XII
b) syllabus of Std. XI as mentioned below:
- The candidate seeking admission to Engineering and Technology degree courses, it is mandatory that the candidate must appear for both Paper I and Paper II.
- The candidate seeking admission to Pharmacy/ Pharm. D degree course, it is mandatory that the candidate must appear for Paper II as well as in Paper-I and/or Paper-III.
- The medium for examination shall be English or Marathi or Urdu for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. However, Mathematics paper shall be in English only. The option once exercised about the medium by the candidate shall be irrevocable.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO FIRST YEAR ENGINEERING / TECHNOLOGY, PHARMACY, PHARM D. COURSES
- All the candidates passed / appearing at the qualifying examination i.e. HSC/12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination and having Indian Nationality are eligible for appearing for MHT-CET 2018. There is no age limit for admission and appearing to MHT-CET 2018.
A). Candidature Type:
- (1) Maharashtra State Candidature. – A Candidate can claim only one type of Maharashtra State Candidature Type i.e. from Type A to E. (2) All India Candidature – The Candidates having Indian Nationality are eligible under this Category.
(3) Minority Candidature – The Candidate belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community from State of Maharashtra and as notified by the Government are eligible under this Category.
(4) Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature. –
a) The children of citizens, who are displaced from Jammu and Kashmir to any part of India or from unsafe border area of Jammu and Kashmir to a relatively safer place in Jammu and Kashmir from 1990 onwards due to terrorist activities; or
b) The children of officers belonging to Indian Administrative Services (IAS) or Indian Police Services (IPS) or Indian Foreign Services (IFS) and children of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir to combat terrorist activities and joined the post on or before the last date for submission of application for admission; or
c) The children of staff and officers of Jammu and Kashmir police engaged in combating terrorism are eligible under this category; Note: However as preference is given to the J & K Migrant candidates appeared for JEE(Main)2018 over MHT-CET 2018 are advised to appear for JEE(Main) 2018.
(5) Children of NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National – These types of Candidature Candidates are exempted from appearing for MHT-CET 2018.
Note:- (a) It is mandatory to appear for MHT-CET 2018 for candidates belonging to Maharashtra State Candidature, Minority Candidature seeking admission to B.E./B. Tech.
However All India Candidature & Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature candidates
may or may not appear for MHT-CET 2018 as Score of JEE(Main) Paper I shall be preferred over MHT-CET 2018 for admission to B.E./B. Tech.
(b) It is mandatory to appear for MHT-CET 2018 for candidates belonging to Maharashtra
State Candidature, Minority Candidature All India Candidature, & Jammu and Kashmir
Migrant Candidature seeking admission to B. Pharm. / Pharm. D.
B) Eligibility Criterion
(a) Eligibility criteria for Candidates belonging to Person with Disability:
In addition to the basic qualification mentioned above, candidate who is suffering from anyone of the following permanent disability is eligible to seek admission against seats reserved for Persons with Disability candidates (i.e. Candidate who is visually impaired (blind) Candidate type- P1, Candidate who is speech & hearing impaired (deaf & dumb) Candidate type- P2, Candidate who has orthopedic disorders, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Spastic Candidate type -P3), provided they submit a certificate clearly stating that the extent of disability is not less than 40% and the disability is of permanent nature.
(b) Admission to Mining Engineering course:
Female candidates are not eligible for admission to Mining Engineering course.
Important Dates related to MHT-CET 2018
- Official Website – MHT-CET: https://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mhtcet2018/
- Online Registration link: https://mhtcet2018.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/reg_instruction.aspx
- Information Brochure: https://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mhtcet2018/download/FINAL%20_MHT-CET-2018_ENGG_PHARMA_BROCHURE.pdf