NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The responsibility of CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for counselling of 15% All India Quota Seats, Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats of ESIC & AFMC including BHU & AMU and providing the result to the State Counselling Authorities and Admitting Institutions.
The Counselling for successful candidates under 15% All India Quota seats, Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats of ESIC & AFMC including BHU & AMU will be conducted by the MCC/DGHS. The counselling for admission in seats under the control of other States/Universities/Institutions shall be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned.
Admissions to all seats of MBBS/BDS will be done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2018 only. There are following quota seats available: –
i. All India Quota Seats
ii. State Government Quota Seats
iii. Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
iv. State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University
v. Central Pool Quota Seats
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) will be conducted on 6th May, 2018 (Sunday) from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM. The duration of test will be 3 hours.
The schedule will remain unaltered even if the date of test is declared a public holiday.
ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS
- He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course.
- The upper age limit for NEET(UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR) born on or between 07.05.1993 and 01.01.2002 For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PH Category born on or between 07.05.1988 and 01.01.2002
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG)-2018.
- To be eligible for Competitive Entrance Test, the candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination and in addition must have come in the merit list of NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2018 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses
- In respect of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 40% marks instead of 50% marks for General Candidates. In respect of candidates with Bench Mark Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks in qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany & Zoology)/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- The students educated abroad seeking admission into medical colleges in India must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English up to the 12th standard level with 50% marks and their equivalency determined as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the concerned University.
PATTERN OF NEET (UG)
(a) Pattern of the Entrance Test:-
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper in all languages containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at examination centre only.
(b) The duration of test would be 03 hours.
(c) Language of the Question Papers:- ENGLISH, HINDI, ASSAMESE, BENGALI, GUJARATI, KANNADA, MARATHI, ORIYA, TAMIL, TELUGU, URDU
|Schedule for online submission of application forms||8th February 2018 (Thursday) to 9th March 2018 (Friday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)|
|Schedule for successful payment of online fee||8th February 2018 (Thursday) to 10th March 2018 (Saturday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)|
|Correction in Application Form||12th March 2018 (Monday) to 16th March 2018 (Friday)|
|Date of uploading of Admit-Cards on website||2nd Week of April 2018|
|Date of Examination||6th may 2018 (Sunday), 10:00 AM (IST)|
|Declaration of Result||5th June 2018 (Tuesday)|
NEET 2018 Official Website: http://cbseneet.nic.in/cbseneet/Welcome.aspx
Online Registration link: http://cbseneet.nic.in/cbseneet/Registration/Instruction.aspx