- JEE Main 2018 Offline Exam Date: 8th April 2018
- Subject: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Paper Pattern: Total No. of Questions – 90; (Physics – 30, Chemistry – 30, Mathematics)
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions with single correct answer.
- Marking Scheme
- +4 for each correct answer
- -1 for each wrong answer
- 0 for other cases.
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes
- Paper was comparatively tougher than last year.
- Few Questions were formula based.
- Proper selection of questions proved beneficial to students as some calculations were Lengthy.
- Distribution of conceptually easy questions was uniform.
- Not many questions were asked from conceptually difficult areas.
- Some topics like Ray optics and Fluids could be ignored.
- Questions were designed to look tough with right approach. All questions were solvable or could be qualitatively analyzed.
- 12th questions were relatively tougher than 11th Std. topics.
- Chemistry paper slightly difficult than last year.
- Physical chemistry (Ionic Equilibrium, Stoichiometry, Electrochemistry) questions are slightly tricky & lengthy some questions involve more calculations.
- In Inorganic chemistry, questions from coordination compounds were tough. In general, Inorganic questions were of medium level.
- In organic chemistry, questions from Ethers & Alcohols were tricky. Most questions were from oxygen containing compounds.
- Overall chemistry paper is balanced but difficult to score or less scoring for Average candidate.
- Level in Synchronization with Mains but lengthier than last year.
- Questions from sequence and series (2 questions) and 3-D were lengthy.
- All questions were conventional. Students who have reasonable training and practice would have done better.
- Majority of questions were very specific to the topic only a couple of questions were of mixed topic.
- Level is similar as that of last year.
- Some questions were lengthy resulting more time consumption while solving.
- To score full marks may be difficult from point of view of lengthiness, but level wise it is scoring.
- Chemistry was tough, Mathematics was lengthy, and physics was having more number of difficult questions.
- Paper was not possible to easily attempt all questions in 3 hrs.
- This is the toughest JEE Main paper in last 5 yrs. Although there were 20-22 questions which were easy but about 22-24 questions were on a difficult side, so scoring 80-100 marks will be easily possible but 300 plus less achiever’s will be there in comparison to last 2 yrs.
- Expected cut off marks would be around 75 marks for general category.