Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is an exclusive entrance examination, conducted for admission into all B.Tech. programmes of VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal & Amaravati. This year, VITEEE was conducted between 4th April to 15th April 2018 & result has been declared and Also the counselling dates have been announced.
Counselling will be held in offline mode in two phases. Venue, dates & timing of the counselling are mentioned in below table.
- Advance Payment: The selected candidates will have to submit a DD for 50,000 /- in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore, on the confirmation of seat and acceptance of branch allotted. This includes `12,000/- (Inclusive of GST) towards counselling process fee. Counselling process fee is NON-REFUNDABLE, but will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University.
- Candidate requiring hostel accommodation will have to submit a separate crossed Demand Draft for `21,000/- (of which, 1200/- hostel admission processing fee is non-refundable.) drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore.
- A candidate should decide for certain on whether he/she should join the programme based on the branch allotted to him / her at the time of counselling before payment of the fees.
- The candidates should produce the following documents in original along with two sets of photocopies while reporting for counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the counselling process without these documents.
• VITEEE-2018 e-Admit Card, Counselling Admit card and VITEEE Result copy
• Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any other age proof Certificate
• Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination (If available)/ XII Hall ticket (For candidates awaiting results)
• Community Certificate (For SC/ST only)
• Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.)
• DEMAND DRAFT for `50,000/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore. The candidates should write their name, application number, rank and the branch allotted at the time of counselling on the reverse side of the DD.
Submission of documents on Admission
The following documents in original are required to be submitted at the time of Admission:
• Qualifying examination mark statements of all attempts
• Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate
• Migration Certificate (if issued by the board)
• Conduct Certificate
• Community Certificate (For SC/ST only)
• Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.)
• Provisional Admission Letter. (photo copy)
• Recent Passport size colour photos – 4 nos.
• Affidavit to be signed separately by Student, Parent and Hostel on a `20/- Stamp Paper. (Format available on the website http://www.vit.ac.in)
• Physical Fitness Certificate.
• 2 sets of photocopies of all original documents (Except Affidavit & Physical Fitness Certificate)
Submission of ‘No Dues’ Certificate
Withdrawal before the commencement of the programme:
In case of withdrawal before the commencement of programme, an request of withdrawal is to be submitted in online mode.
Withdrawal after the commencement of the programme:
A student once enrolled for a course is expected to complete the same. He / She cannot withdraw from the University without informing the Registrar in writing. Otherwise he / she will be liable to pay fees for the period his / her name remains on the rolls.
Refund of Fees
Refund will be made as per the norms of UGC . The Counselling processing fee (12,000/- (Inclusive of GST)) is NON-REFUNDABLE, but will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University.
No refund of fees is made on account of withdrawal or absence from the Institute for any reason including medical illness after a student has taken admission to any course of study.
Refund will be made only after submission of original fee receipt, Provisional Admission letter, No Dues Certificate and original TC. The refund will be made through account transfer to the account number mentioned in the student profile.
Important Instructions related to Counselling
- Candidates will be permitted to attend the counselling only ONCE
- Only candidates who have skipped or not taken up any branch in the counselling will be permitted to attend subsequent counselling as per the order of merit and availability of seats.
- No change of branch / campus will be allowed.
- Candidates can register to attend the counselling in any one of the counselling venues and can select any campus/branch as per the availability based on VITEEE-ranking.
- Phase-II, eligible Candidates will be allowed to attend the counselling only with a DD of Rs.3,00,000/- drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore. This includes Rs.10,000/- (plus 18% GST i.e., Rs.11,800/-) towards the counselling and processing fee. The Counselling and processing fee is Non-Refundable , but it will be adjusted in the Academic fees once the candidate joins the Institute
- The Balance fee has to be paid on or before 08.06.2018, either through online or DD mode. The details will be updated shortly on our website.
- Date extension of payment of balance fee will not be entertained, under any circumstances. If the required fee is not paid in scheduled time, the provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled.
- The VITEEE-2018 scholarship benefit based on VITEEE-2018 rank, can be availed only after the candidate joins the Institute
- The fee structure is common for VIT-VELLORE, VIT-CHENNAI, VIT-BHOPAL and VIT-AP.
- Counselling e-admit card and copy of Aadhar Card are mandatory to attend the counselling
- Candidate will be allowed to attend the counselling with the list of documents, self-attested copies, as prescribed on the website.
Official Website (VITEEE 2018 Counseling): http://www.vit.ac.in/btechadmissions/viteee2018