NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) was conducted on 6th May 2018 in 11 languages at 2,225 centres across the country. It is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India for 66,000 seats in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
Close to 13.2 lakh students appeared for NEET exam, as compared to the 11.4 lakh last year. Detailed analysis of question paper has been provided below by Rao Academy.
General Overview: Paper
- Subject: Physics, Chemistry & Biology
- Paper Pattern
- Total No. of Questions: 180 (Physics – 45, Chemistry – 45, Biology – 90)
- Total Marks: 360
- Time: 180 minutes
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions with single correct answer.
- Marking Scheme
- +4 for each correct answer
- -1 for each wrong answer
- 0 for other cases.
- Overall physics paper was easy but lengthy and easier than last year papers.
- It was a good mix of conceptual problems and numerical problems.
- Many questions were direct application of formulas. Any student who has good command over formulas, will score good in Physics.
- Problems based on 11th syllabus were easy and standard problems but 12th syllabus question were mostly based on concept. NCERT Book will be most suitable for the preparation.
- 50% questions were easy & straight forward. These questions were solvable with minimum efforts.
- Some questions in Physical chemistry (Electrochemistry, Solid State & Ionic Equilibrium) were of good level.
- Inorganic chemistry questions were of medium level & directly from NCERT book.
- Organic Chemistry questions were of medium level but needed good conceptual knowledge to solve questions. Two organic questions were tricky.
- Overall chemistry was easy in comparison to last year.
- All questions were NCERT based except 1 or 2 questions. Moderate questions were also from NCERT but there was some twist in questions.
- As compared to last year paper was of almost same level.
- Students who have gone through NCERT, will score good marks in biology.
- Questions were asked from all chapters of 11th & 12th
- NEET 2018 paper was easier than NEET 2017 paper.
- Physics & chem were easier than last year but biology was of same level as last year.
- Physics questions were mix of conceptual problems and numerical problems. Many questions were direct application of formulas.
- Students who have gone through NCERT, will get good rank this year. Excepted cutoff marks (50 percentile) as per Rao Experts will be 135.
|CATEGORY||CUT-OFF PERCENTILE||MARKS RANGE 2017||Marks Range Expected 2018|
|General||50 Percentile||697 – 131||+695 – 135|
|OBC||40 Percentile||130 – 107||134 – 110|
|SC||40 Percentile||130 – 107||134 – 110|
|ST||40 Percentile||130 – 107||134 – 110|
|UR & PH||45 Percentile||130 – 118||134 – 121|
|OBC & PH||40 Percentile||130 – 107||134 – 110|
|SC & PH||40 Percentile||130 – 107||134 – 110|
|ST & PH||40 Percentile||130 – 107||134 – 110|